Due to laziness I delayed sum-up for 2018 year till the middle of 2019, but here I’m.
Overall in 2018 was a very relaxed year.
- important things that I did at 2018 years:
- Most interesting/inspiring people I met during 2018 years:
- Manav Kamboj - Leader, CTO of PropertyGuru Group. His ability to coach and find an approach to people is magnificient. That’s amazing how he can find potential and way to grow professionally in almost anybody. I learnt a lot about communication from him, and I would like to learn even more.
- Marek Tuchalski - Leader and software developer in PropertyGuru Group. There’re a lot of good things about him, but most impressive that he really cares about IT systems and he has enourmous engergy to bring changes to the better. I would like to learn how to be like that.
New hobby this year:
- No new hobbies I guess.
Two might-have-been dream in this year:
- I could sleep 8 hours per day - but I constantly find some excuses.
- I might speak Thai already, but I’m too lazy to practice Thai.
What did not go well
- I didn’t sleep enough in 2018 year, I should fix this as soon as possible.
- I didn’t do much programming during 2018.
- I procrastiante from big and important projects.
- I still overweight. So many tasty food here in Thailand.
What went well
- Our sun Ilya is growing and bring us a lot of joy :)
- After I bought a car in Thailand, we travelled a lot around Bangkok. We visited Chiang-Mai, Sukhothai, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Pitsanulok, Khao-Yai, Pattaya, Rayong, Koh Chang, Cha-am and Hua-Hin. Most of those places were visited several times.
- Our family travelled to Ukraine again.
- I had several business trips to Singapore (PropertyGuru Group HQ is in Singapore).
- I visited DevOps Days in Singapore.
- I finially wrote this 2018 sum-up and I’m very proud of myself :)
What I wanted to achieve last year and what happened?
- sleep 8 hours per day and walk&hike a lot - walk&hike is going well, but for some reason I don’t sleep enough.
- fix my health problems - I’m procrastinating on that.
- make my eyesight better than this year - I’m procrastinating on that.
- travel to 3 new foreign countries - We were too consumed with travelling in Thailand.
- start programming on golang and crystal - I’m procrastinating on that.
- have 50$ per hour rates - I got closer to this goal, still in progress.
- start speaking Thai language, even if it will be very simple talks - I’m procrastinating on that.
What I would like to achieve in new year?
I want to:
- sleep 8 hours per day.
- Have a weight <= 90 kg.
- fix my health problems.
- make my eyesight better than before.
- travel to 1 new foreign country.
- start programming on golang.
- have 50$ per hour rates.
- start speaking on Thai language, even if it will be very simple talks.