Summary of important things that I did in 2020-2021 years
Due to piling up routine I got to writing 2020 year sum-up only in the end of 2021.
So it will be both 2020 and 2021 years sum-up.
- One health issue solved.
- We travelled a lot in Thailand by car.
- I organized bunch of Bangkok’s DevOps Fridays, created an interesting community of great engineers.
- We moved to a much better apartment (better for us and for kids) near a park :)
- covid-19 wasn’t that bad in Thailand, but still there was a lot of sitting at home due to lockdown, curfews and restrictions.
New hobby this year:
- I realize that I really like to look at street art :)
Two might-have-been dream in this year:
- I could sleep 8 hours per day - but I constantly find some excuses.
- I could walk 8000 steps every day - but I often find some excuses.
What did not go well
- I didn’t sleep enough in 2021 year, I should fix this as soon as possible.
- I didn’t do much programming during 2021.
- I got my weight back to ~105 kg from <= 95 kg :'(
- Mostly because I couldn’t go out for a walk during covid-19 lockdowns.
What went well
- Our daughter Lina was born, healthy and sound :)
- So over 2020-2021 our son Ilya and daughter Lina are growing and bring us a lot of joy :)
- My wife’s sister travelled to Thailand and stay with us for 8 months :)
- She helped a lot with Lina.
- I went to several really interesting trainings about application security, DevOps and AWS.
- We moved to a new apartment near the park
- And our kids got a lot of new friends
- We travelled in Thailand to (despite all the covid-19 stuff):
- Koh Chang
- Khao Lak
- Chiang Rai
- Chiang Mai
- Nakhon Ratchasima
- I travelled in Thailand (despite all the covid-19 stuff):
- Roi Et
- Ubon Ratchatani
- Khon Kaen
- Udon Thani
- Bueng Kan
- I finally sold my previous car, facebook marketplace paid advertisement is your friend.
- I do daily Yoga excercises.
- I finally wrote this 2020-2021 sum-up and I’m very proud of myself :)
What I would like to achieve in 2022?
I want to:
- sleep >= 8 hours per day for at least 15 days per month.
- Have my weight <= 90 kg.
- Do at least 8000 steps every day
- fix >= 2 of my health problems
- get rid of my wisdom teeth
- make my eyesight better than before.
- write code >= 3 days per week. programming language doesn’t matter.
- earn 5000 USD per month after expenses.
- start investing in ETF fund(s)
- start speaking Thai, even if it will be very simple talks.